Congratulations! Our supporters voted and our Ocean Action Project is one of six winning projects across the globe. Project AWARE support our project The Great Fiji Shark Count.
84 applications worldwide, 10 finalists and six winners. A new wave of Ocean Action is about to begin thanks to everyone’s vote.
Nearly 3,000 people voted on Facebook in the 2013 Ocean Action Project helping to deliver much needed support to six new conservation projects strongly focused on manta ray and shark protection as well as educational projects targeting marine debris.
The 2013 winning Ocean Action Projects are:
- Ecotourism and Awareness for Manta Ray Conservation, Planeta Oceano, Peru
- Protecting Sharks and Rays from Fishing Boats in the Andaman Sea, Blue Guru Conservation, Thailand
- What Goes Around Comes Around – Communicating Marine Debris Science Through Visual Arts, The Plastic Ocean Project, USA
- Thailand eShark Project, Shark Guardian, Thailand
- The Great Fiji Count, Fiji Dive Operators, Fiji Islands
- This Project is Rubbish! South African Shark Conservancy, South Africa
“Every day our conservation leaders face new and difficult battles to protect our ocean. Thanks to our donors Project AWARE is able to deliver support to six Ocean Action Projects building a new wave of protection on the ground and in the water,” says Joanne Marston, Associate Director, Project AWARE Foundation.
As an Ocean Action Project we are required to keep a log on our My Ocean profile page so you can keep up to date with the progress. Read about the actions and progress of last years winners.
Thank you to everyone who voted for us!
Thanks to our donors we’re able to deliver support to six Ocean Action Projects building a new wave of protection on the ground and in the water.”
Jo Marston, Associate Director, Project AWARE Foundation